XL-RCM 6.0 EXO: Mini HD FPV quad frame for V929/HK Q-Bot
Monday, 03 February 2014 02:00
Introducing my custom designed compact mini quad frame for FPV flight: XL-RCM 6.0 EXO.
This frame kit designed for V929 or MQX/Hobby King Q-bot generic mini quad copter for FPV conversion. Now it looks like portable mini drone. Design to be ultimate solution to facilitate and ease building mini quad for fpv using common parts available at hobby shop as this kit already have place holder for generic FPV hardware available in the market. The quad complete FPV build weight not including lipo battery is only around 60gram. Flying weight estimated at 80gram if 808 #16 HD cam mounted as optional below the frame. 3D printed in ABS plastic provide lightwieght solution for endurance and long range flight. With TGY-9X radio and 200mw nano will provide 1~1.5km of flight range.
The main frame is compact and slim compare against commercial version and the rotor to rotor hub width is slightly longer due to arm displacement from the frame sockets thus provide better stability for outdoor flight.
- Max flight controller board placement from V929/MQX/Hobby King Q-bot size: (W/H/L)cm = 4.4cm/0.7cm/3.2cm
- Upper lipo bay fits 1s 500mah 15c main lipo battery for quad and 808 #16 HD cam size: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/1.0cm/6.7cm
- Lower lipo bay fits 1s 200mah 5c lipo battery for video tansmission and main FPV cam (obained from 808 #16 internal battery) size: (W/H/L)cm = 1.9cm/0.5cm/3.1cm
- Adjustable pivoted camera angle for main fpv cam.
- 808 #16 place holder case.
- Lighter than commercial frame.
- "Snap-locking" coreless motor place holders/sockets.
- Support WL-V929, E-flite MQX, Hobby King Q-bot or similar cloned models (must be shaft/spur geared rotor) and similar mini quad hardware.
- Need good soldering skills.
- Plugs, screws and wires need to be cut or removed to tightly fit into the frame.
- Frame only support nano fpv camera 420/520TVL caseless.
- Support nano size video transmitter size: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/0.5cm/2.4cm
- Support 808 #* series keychain camera.
- 2mm width zip tie for landing gear.
- You'll need to prepare a fast bonding glue to give extra rigid bonding between assembled parts.
- Do take not on V929 board or any equivalent receiver & FC integrated board the 2.4ghz antenna needed to resoldered upwards for better range and perfet fitting on this frame.
Complete assembly parts:
Youtube video preview:
Click to view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5lOPKSo0hM
Fitting the electronics into the frame will need a lot of work and bunch of fine soldering skills. Because its so compact you will need to remove any plugs, surplus wirings and etc to get it fit perfectly and at the same time reduce weight as much as possible. This is where pure modders put their skills into it. Everything i made into this quad are direct soldering. This work is going to be pure DIY.
Please refer to the gallery folder for images reference/manual once done download the zip file and extraction. Set your 3D printed to more denser printing material for robust and rigid product output.
Gallery | Download STL file for 3D printing
Your shopping list to buy parts to build the above model (100% fit unless mentioned "Compatible"):
- Platform/Airframe/Combo package:
- Integrated board/Flight controller:
- Proppellers and necessities:
- Video transmitter:
- Camera and secondary HD recording camera:
- Video receiver/Ground station/FPV pilot gear:
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 November 2016 03:31