XL-RCM 8.0 XYPHER: Mini FPV foldable "H" quad frame for V929/HK Q-Bot
Saturday, 01 March 2014 02:00
This is outdoor and indoor FPV flight platform, rigid and compact in design its category : XL-RCM 8.0 XYPHER
Designed to be semi "H" configuration frame it is foldable and compact very appealing looks for all multirotor enthusiast. Contructed to be slightly durable and structurally rigid than the old "XL-RCM 6.0 EXO", both however uses similar FPV hardware and power plant. Due to its beefy rigid build the quad surpising fly very stable and handles very agile under various windy condition (on GWS propeller). The placement of the camera makes the view more clear from propeller rotor obstruction. The flat board body and slim profile allow user to put customized mounting and other load under the chassis such as lighting kits, external HD camera and etc.
The rotor arm not only designed to be able to fold for compact storage purposes but also to swing away from inertial impact to reduce structural stress and damages. Each arm have lock mechanism to keep the arm in extended position. Ideally once fold it could fit into any narrow compartment such as cyclindrical biscuit cans or inside your bag.
Specification & requirements:
- Max flight controller board placement from V929/V949/V959/MQX/Hobby King Q-bot size or similar cloned models and similar mini quad hardware (nanoWii), antenna required to be upright position: (W/H/L)cm = 4.4cm/0.7cm/3.2cm
- Support hardware from WL-V929/V949/V959/, Hobby King Q-bot or similar cloned models (must be shaft/spur geared rotor) and similar mini quad hardware (nanoWii).
- Upper lipo bay fits 1s 500mah 15c main lipo battery for quad: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/1.0cm/6.7cm
- Lower lipo bay fits 1s 200mah 5c lipo battery for video tansmission and main FPV cam (obained from 808 #16 internal battery) size: (W/H/L)cm = 1.9cm/0.5cm/3.1cm
- Plugs, screws and wires need to be cut or removed to tightly fit into the frame.
- Frame only support nano fpv camera 420/520TVL caseless.
- Support nano size video transmitter size with an upside down antenna: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/0.5cm/2.4cm
- Uses 4x replaceable 2mm width zip tie for landing gear to slot into existing place holder under the rotor case.
- Coreless motor "snap-lock" placeholder/socket.
- Need good soldering skills to install the electronics.
- Total flying weight with basic FPV equipment (without 808 #16 HD): 95 gram.
Complete assembly parts:
Fitting the electronics into the frame will need a lot of work and bunch of fine soldering skills. Because its so compact you will need to remove any plugs, surplus wirings and etc to get it fit perfectly and at the same time reduce weight as much as possible. This is where pure modders put their skills into it. Everything i made into this quad are direct soldering. This work is going to be pure DIY. I used electronic hardware from WL-TOYS V929 and it fits perfrectly on this kit, i believe genericly others type of similar hardware models or clone multirotor version will able to fit in too with minor DIY fittings as described on the specification details above.
Because the main upper and lower frame deck is split/sliced into two due to limited space to print on normal consumer size 3D printing super glue is required to bond two pieces of frame deck (Upper frame "A" super glue to "B")
Please refer to the gallery folder for images reference/manual once done download the zip file and extraction. Set your 3D printed to more denser printing material for robust and rigid product output.
Gallery | Download STL file for 3D printing
Your shopping list to buy parts to build the above model (100% fit unless mentioned "Compatible"):
- Platform/Airframe/Combo package:
- Integrated board/Flight controller:
- Proppellers and necessities:
- Video transmitter:
- Camera and secondary HD recording camera:
- Video receiver/Ground station/FPV pilot gear:
Last Updated on Saturday, 12 November 2016 03:32